Description Job Description:
A Technical Application Systems Analyst, Senior will have extensive IT experience in the analysis, design, and integration of information systems and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and development software. Must be well versed in understanding structured analysis and design methodologies for the translation of systems requirements from business needs with a proven track record. Must be able to evaluate cost factors and risk.
Looking for experience in conducting analysis of various commercial off-the-shelf computer applications and internal applications and identify strengths and weaknesses for use in different environments. They must also have experience in the study of application and the consumption of system resources and be able to detect problems such as dead locks, run away jobs as well as security issues. A Senior Technical Application Systems Analyst must be able to direct and guide junior members of a project team and give feedback to developers. They must have networking experience to include switches, load balancers, and firewall technologies.8 hours/5 days 8:00-4:30 Mon-Fri Primary Responsibilities:
Monitor and report on application behavior analytics, conducts smart triage by identifying, diagnosing and coordinating resolution of performance problems before they impact end users, and participates in rapid root cause diagnosis of problems occurring within the application and infrastructure. Monitor high value Business-centric transactions and manages response actions. Required operational experience with Service Now, Introscope, Splunk, AppDynamics, and Dynatrace application monitoring toolsets.
Identify the functional domain in which problems reside (Server Utilization, network Saturation, Application Tuning). Detect change of state conditions that have significance for management of Configuration Items (CIs) and IT services. Ensure all events are communicated IAW SOP and/or takes further corrective action with the application owner. Participate in all Major Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis calls and provides expert troubleshooting support as needed. Escalate as per criticality matrix definitions. Notify the internal/external stakeholders per procedure. Provide APM input to daily shift reports and metrics.Basic Qualifications
Required MUST HAVE Experience:
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years of experience. 8 years of additional experience in lieu of Degree.
- with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Per. Contract requirement.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience in participating in information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- VMware and cloud architectures.
- UNIX commands
- SMGW and VMware farm maintenance
- Network infrastructure maintenance
External Referral Bonus:
- Interaction with IBM Teams
- Knowledge of the IBM and Bull printing environment
- Interaction with GCOS8 Transaction Processing Team (TP8 Team)
- Knowledge of Job Language machine Calls (JCL Calls),
- Usage of BULL OS Timesharing environment (TSS).
- Disaster Recovery Participation
- Local technical accounts maintenance.
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:
2000Potential for Telework:
Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Business Systems AnalysisPay Range: