Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.
Lead in requirements, design and development efforts for Pharmacy Accounting; ensure appropriate methodologies and processes are followed; working closely with the business areas to improve application and business processes; define requirements; document current and improved business processes, information and/or business rules; proactively communicate with users on system issues and/or any system changes; serves as the application expert on assigned applications to support project analysis, business area user questions and mentorship of other associates; must be able to maintain a consistently large, and often dynamic work load; assist others with day-to-day direction for technical guidance; lead and manage implementation activities such as change management, implementation planning and pilot monitoring; Participate in production support of applications.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or other analytical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing .NET solutions in complex technical environments in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience analyzing business problems and translating business requirements into technology solutions that factor in system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership
- Experience with relational databases using SQL Server or Oracle
- Must have mastery level understanding of the full SDLC with a heavy emphasis on requirements/design/development.
- Must have design skills with a mastery level understanding of object oriented principals and design deliverables.
- Must have experience with interfacing with multiple different systems and should have the ability to handle any interface with a specification (i.e., web service interfaces, queue based interfaces, socket based interfaces, file based interfaces, etc.).
- Must possess the ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent human relation skills (ability to work well with others and be a team member).
- Show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work.
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- Experience developing and supporting Pharmacy applications
- Experience with Agile development
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager s approval: New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).