SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Description
Responsible for defining and managing the scope of Systems projects. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications Required skills:
- Defines functional, usability, reliability, performance and support requirements of a system.
- Provides the link between the technical and business views of the system by ensuring that the technical solutions being developed will satisfy the needs of the business.
- Partners with business, architecture and infrastructure and oversees all service levels to ensure business area satisfaction.
- In depth knowledge of tools utilized.
- Works with the IT learning organization to mentor and assist in training initiatives and performs estimates for application functionality enhancements.
- Proactively works with stakeholders to identify future system opportunities and enhancements.
- Develops use cases.
Nice to Have
- BA/BS in information systems or related field;
- 6 or more years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Certifications preferred.
- Critical thinking for researching and finding root cause of issues
- Ability to identify issue/gap and triage to find root cause
- Experience with understanding end to end data flow across multiple IT applications
- Solid understanding of relational database and data integration
- Ability to take a business request/requirement/issue and translate that into the IT impact
- Experience facilitating solution design/implementation across multiple teams
- Experience with SQL queries to do data analysis
- Experience with health insurance product benefits/claims
- Experience with Anthem product configuration systems
- Experience with Agile scrum methodology
- Experience with JIRA
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.