Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers around the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
As a Systems Analyst II reporting into the Sales and Marketing IT team, you'll ensure our applications and technology can deliver the capabilities to support our growing banking operations, as well as support our expansion roadmap. You will work closely with cross-functional business, IT and vendor teams to ensure we are delivering the right-sized solutions to meet current, future and long-term needs in support of our banking product processing and continuing expansion efforts.
Ideally you possess extensive Banking experience in Sales and Analytics, have strong business and systems analysis skills, and can work with minimal guidance to deliver their assignments. Experience with implementation and enhancement of Sales and Analytics applications is critical. Implementation of global banking systems is also important.
Regularly engage with sales technology and enterprise business analytics, product management, and other stakeholders to analyze business requirements, and iteratively develop user stories, functional requirements, data and system specifications that help drive process improvements, and enable solution selection, development, and delivery.
You will bring your energy and passion for applying your system analysis skills to challenging business problems and working collaboratively with engineering teams to build scalable digital solutions. Job Description:
- Configure systems and develop expertise in system functionality and design
- Analyze and translate complex business requirements into functional requirements and design
- Perform process and system related analysis using knowledge of applications, interfaces and data structures to recommend solutions
- Facilitate and participant in white-boarding sessions and lead user requirements workshops
- Prepare and present subject matter knowledge, analysis, options, solutions in both written and presentations to internal and external audiences
- Regularly apply advanced data analysis skills to understand detailed data flows between systems and within systems for their domain
- Convert application designs into data model and interface/data mapping specifications
- Regularly apply knowledge of relevant technology trends within the Sales domain to build for the future
- Perform impact analysis of changes to downstream systems as required
- Understand client needs and pain points; recommend enhancements and work with technical team to build into releases
- Perform and/or participate in testing releases prior to installing in production
- Assist in developing training materials for system functionality
- Assist with performing applications changes and configuration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Extensive prior work experience with systems and application management
- Experience working in information technology domain within Banking or Financial Services industry
- Should be able to use technologies such as .net, CSS, SQL Server, HTML, Java Script, PowerShell and Postman as needed to work with the engineering team during prototyping or testing phases
- Experience with systems implementation projects
- Experience with production and disaster recovery systems/application support
- Experience with development coding and relational database (SQL) queries
- Advanced knowledge and analytical skills of systems integration through web services, ETL, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Ability to execute and prioritize several tasks, initiate and conduct meetings with team and peers
- Able work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to streamline complex requirements to simplify Business Processes
- High attention to detail
- Experience with SAS, Anaconda, SharePoint 2016 / Online, O365, and Microsoft Teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Being able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and clients
- Being confident to have face to face interactions with Business / stakeholders
- Not being afraid to pick up the phone to talk to people
- Quick Thinking - being able to think on the spot quickly to minimize business impact and make key decisions
- Basic level of understanding regarding IT infrastructure e.g. understanding networks, circuits, routers, etc.
- Flexible, Friendly and Approachable