Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
As a Systems Analyst, you will enable our company's goals by technically supporting and maintaining our core insurance applications that our business team members and customers use. This position will allow you to leverage your in-depth technical knowledge and understanding of our business functions to help support and streamline operational processes, enhance our core systems and identify root cause for issues. The Systems Analyst will provide support, maintain, and improve applications and integrations in a cost effective, secure, high performing and customer centric manner. The Systems Analysts will maintain quality service standards set by the organization.WHAT YOU WILL DO
Provide application technical support to Program Teams.
- Learns business processes as they pertain to application and integration workflow.
- Troubleshoots and resolves application and integration related incidents and problems.
- Formulates and presents solutions to application issues.
- Performs functional and data-driven analysis to identify solutions to technical problems.
- Assists in supporting our technology platform, monitoring for SLA compliance and quality metrics.
Improve the supportability and maintainability of insurance systems.
- Analyzes support pain points and provides solutions to address the commonly recurring incidents.
- Champions the creation and upkeeping of support documentation.
- Advocates the inclusion of appropriate non-functional requirements in order to enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Addresses issues proactively by implementing technical improvements.
Collaborate with a multiple of internal stakeholders on information systems projects.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE
- Partners across business units with Architects, Systems Analysts and Technical Leads on the system design to provided desired functionality.
- Works closely with the development team to evaluate technical design alternatives for functionality.
- Facilitate design workshops and ongoing interactions with key stakeholders to determine detailed requirements.
- Ensures non-functional requirements, including UX, scalability, performance, supportability and reliability are identified and considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
ITIL certification preferred. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Working knowledge of information systems design and analysis, required. Experience with web-based applications and intranet portals, as well as analysis with business processes are preferred. Knowledge of insurance industry preferred. Knowledge of ITIL Framework and Best Practices is required. Familiarity with Application Performance and Monitoring (APM) and Profiling tools. Ability to diagram critical processes for a particular application/integration. Ability to create intermediate SQL and Splunk queries, and utilize/create simple dashboards for support purposes. Intermediate understanding of common non-functional requirements for supportability and maintainability. Intermediate understanding of system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards. Intermediate understanding of API standards for communicating and integration between applications. Intermediate understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) framework and its corresponding artifacts as it pertains to ICW. Intermediate understanding of the different infrastructure and application components as they relate to a particular application and/or integration for a specific Line of Business/Program team.