Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide technical support for assigned applications. Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide technical application solutions for assigned business areas
- Possess technical knowledge of assigned application technology
- Work with Business Analyst to understand the customer's product-specific requirements and configuration and translate them to technical design specifications and data flow from which programs are developed and coded
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs or technical configuration
- Ensure programs meet technical specifications and standards
- Interact with Business and clinical representatives during the software build or configuration and testing process
- Perform technical application configuration and configure /run reports at user request
- Design and execute unit, system and integration test plans for new developments/releases/reports
- Maintain technical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned application
- Perform application maintenance activities
- Provide production support
- Assist in resolving support calls escalated by the Service Desk
- Identify the common causes of the defects, prioritize them and systematically remove them so that they do not reoccur in further development work
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure project deadlines are met
- Participate in focus groups and workshops, attend vendor training and demonstrations
- Document technical workflows and clinical patient data flows between the EMR, Registration, and Ancillary systems.
- Develop and maintain knowledge in Registration and clinical workflows and policy and procedures, particularly as they are related to software implementation
- Review application design to meet technical specifications, workflows, and standards.
- Perform technical application gap analysis, workflow design, and identify opportunities for clinical transformation in departmental areas.
- Meet with Registration, Clinical and Ancillary department staff to understand workflows and system processes, and translate that information to technical specifications for build.
- Interact with other Analysts, Ancillary department staff, and Clinicians during the application build/configuration and testing process.
- Works closely with leadership to manage project deliverables and communicate status
- Analyze problems and system issues that may impede implementation
- Plan, design and develop current and future workflow, including:
- Visio materials
- Implementation support guides
- Reference guides / Job aides
- Knowledgeable in HL7 interface standards and specifications. Participate in HL7 interface mapping and design, testing interface transactions, and troubleshooting interface issues
- Perform configuration changes as required.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and specifications for new enhancements, projects, and upgrades.
- Participate in focus groups and workshops, attend vendor training and demonstrations.
- Provide production support 24x7 rotational on call.
- Participate in go live and activation support activities 24x7 as needed
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- Understanding HL7 interface standards and specifications
- Understanding of hospital and ancillary department workflows
- Experience working in a clinical capacity preferred
- Experience working with CBORD NSS - Nutritional Service Suite preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all organizational levels
- Ability to travel to different health system hospitals and client sites throughout the NY metro area.
- Solid foundation of Microsoft Office products
- Familiar with basic database concepts and basic SQL queries preferred
- 2-5 years industry experience preferred
- 2-5 years experience in providing technical support and maintenance in assigned product preferred
- 3-5 years' Experience working with Clinical EMR with HL7 interface experience preferred
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged because of their gender, marital or family status, color, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be subject to less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.