Title of position: Systems Analyst
Shift: 1 st (day)
Average hours a week: 40-45, Mon – Friday
Location: Warren MI
Company: Tier 1 automotive supplier
Components assembly: automotive exterior components manufacturing and assembly
Travel percentage: 0%, all work done remotely via WebEx
Candidates considered: USA citizens, Holder, and TN Visa (Canadian)
Position: Full Time Direct Hire / Permanent
Overtime Pay: No, EXEMPT role
Educational requirements: Must have an Associates but would prefer a Bachelor’s degree
Reports to: Mgr., Business Intelligence
Experience needed: 6 months to 2 years of experience
Hybrid work: 3 days in the office and 2 days off
Recruiter Notes: 1) this is a very technical role. 2) the Systems Analyst will collect data from 60 different plants/facilities around the country via their ERP system and Database. 3) the Sys Analyst will perform data mining /data warehousing (building and maintenance). Must know MS Server and a bonus if you know Hyper-V. Their information is stored on AS/400 database systems, which are very easy to pull data from. Must know SQL, SQL DB a relational DB. The Sys Analyst will translate data to the Data warehouse. You will need to know triggers and of course code/program. ETL is a plus. 4)zero travel, as all work can be done via WebEx for communication to any plant. 5) can work 3 days onsite and 2 days off, remote. 6) can start as early as 7am, 8am, or 9am. 8-hour days. 7)backfilling a former employee 8) the Company will train you and assist. 9) there is group presence, and everyone will help.
- Design, create, maintain, and deploy the Corporate Data Warehouse using IBM DataStage/Quality Stage v11.7
- Create and apply best practices for data loading and extraction.
- Develop data architecture, data modeling and ETL mapping solutions within a structured data warehouse environment.
- Manage the consolidation of data from multiple data sources such as DB2i, MSSQL, MYSQL, Web services, etc.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the design and delivery of BI and reporting solutions using data from the data warehouse.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and develop simple solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of the business customers.
- Monitor the Data Warehouse and BI Systems performance and integrity. Provide corrective and preventative maintenance as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the IS Manager.
- On call availability.
- Working knowledge of ETL Processes and applications such as IBM Information Server, DataStage
- Exceptional SQL capabilities using SQL Developer tools
- Experience with DB2 or DB2i and other relational databases
- Experience supporting data transfers between Web Based Applications
- Proficiency in the following:
- Dimensional and Relational modeling
- Data warehousing concepts (DB Semantic modeling, Star/Snowflake schemas, data mining, etc.)
- HADR concepts to support the synchronization and maintenance of Production, Development and Failover environments for the ETL system and data warehouse.
- Strong analytical and good communications skills
- Must be able to diagnose and solve the problems as well as guiding with best practices of trouble shooting methods
- Understand Logical and Physical data modeling best practices and techniques
- Experience in developing slowly changing dimensions, error handling and performance tuning.
- Strong documentation skills using PowerPoint, Excel and/or Visio
- Detail Oriented, self-motivated and team player
Send your resume for consideration to Tamika Mareno: (connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tamika-mareno-lion-3514a51)