The Systems Analyst acts as a consultant and partner with technology and business units to translate business strategy into data-driven business solutions. The Systems Analyst participates in all phases of the development lifecycle and will interact with partners to ensure delivery of business and technical requirements. In addition, the Systems Analyst ensures ongoing integrity of the system(s), data and usage along with providing enhancements of third party vendor applications.
Responsible for requirements gathering, implementation, documentation, and testing for both new and existing applications, ETL processes and analytics. Develops new and enhances existing ETL processes for data delivery to transaction and reporting applications. Identifies areas where data can improve business activities, defines the business requirements, creates and maintains data models to implement innovate data solutions.
Works with vendors to define and develop enhancements of third party applications.
Leads the business requirement process using interviews, research, and documentation; building strong partnerships across the entire organization. Identifies and documents requirements, understanding how the requirements map to the technical solution. Understands the capabilities of the applications in use. Implements and ensures conformity with best practices for the third party software solutions ensuring efficient and effective data and reporting workflow. Applies domain and technical knowledge to improve our efficiency and productivity.
- Bachelor s degree and 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility as a systems analyst or similar industry experience
- Knowledge of relational database design and implementation (SQL Server and/or Oracle, Stored Procedures)
- Experienced in developing SQL queries and stored procedures for analytics
- Strong interest in financial data, applications and analytics.
- Analytical and creative thinker able to evaluate business problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills and commitment to continuous testing improvement.
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations of statistical analytics and forecasting.
- Self-motivated and possessing a solid work ethic
- Experienced in requirement gathering processes, process modeling, use cases and the standard development life cycle
- Experience in developing content using Business Intelligence\Analytics tool sets
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to understand and convey technical information to all levels of users
- Ability to gather, categorize and prioritize information; organizational skills