This individual analyzes, designs, supports, and documents computer information systems, serves as an integral project leader by actively participating in the design of systems solutions, managing configuration, testing, quality control, implementation, and provides ongoing support to users through training, maintenance, and troubleshooting. This position requires an individual that can work well in a team environment and is able to partner closely with IT Business Analysts and confer daily with supporting teams (Infrastructure, Development, Information Security, and Risk) for successful project collaboration.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for:
- Performs technical assessments, analysis, configurations, testing, and documentation of new or existing systems.
- Implements, maintains, and upgrades 3rd party Client-Server software application systems, including, but not limited to, Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics NAV, etc.
- Conducts market research as it pertains to a given set of solution requirements.
- Acts as the primary subject matter expert for certain incoming projects, from selection to delivery and on-going support.
- Manages relationships with external vendors for systems and third party applications.
- Analyzes and translates complex business requirements into a functional system design document.
- Uses knowledge of current applications, interfaces, and data structures to recommend solutions and provide input to business units.
- Guides, trains, and advises IT Business Analysts on technical best practices.
- Understands points of interaction and impact on other systems across the enterprise.
- Manages the installation of maintenance/patches and software upgrades.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Manages Software Asset Inventory.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities: reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved.
- Writes user and admin training guides when necessary.