The Lockheed Martin Space Central Engineering organization is seeking a Systems Architect and Mission System Engineer for Electro-Optical
missions to join the team. In this role, you will provide surge support to proposals, critical reviews, and technical issues for multiple Lines of Business (LOBs). You'll also identify commonalities and gaps across the Space Systems organization and LOBs to help guide investments.
Your roles and tasks will include:
- Analyzing high level Electro-Optical space system needs for LOBs and Customers, including defining Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) that will be used to assess performance
- Addressing Electro-Optical mission needs for both Visible and Infrared (IR) spectrum
- Performing Trades and Analysis to develop space solutions to meet needs; Trades will examine capability available by integrating existing systems and developing new systems
- Defining solutions in terms of architecture, performance, resilience and affordability
- Identifying and evaluating emerging technologies with credible potential to capture new business or secure the current business by improving affordability or capability
- Supporting integration of the results of these activities into Space Systems Company product development roadmaps to drive implementation
- Supporting new business pursuits and IRAD activities as needed
- Communicating and interacting with multiple partners, including presenting technical approaches and findings in written and oral form
Typically has 20 - 30+ years of professional experience.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world-s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition Learn more about Lockheed Martin-s comprehensive benefits package. Basic Qualifications:
- Recognized technical authority in Electro-Optical mission area with Systems engineering experience including architecture, CONOPS and performance assessment
- Visible or Infrared missions experience
- Understanding of spacecraft architectures to support Electro-Optical missions
- Working proposals as a technical lead
- Team building and cross-organizational collaboration skills
- Active Secret clearance or higher with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance Desired Skills:
- 12+ years- experience working Electro-Optical Space Systems, with a minimum of 6 years working at the system level defining architecture, CONOPS and assessing performance
- Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, and relevant systems architecture experience
- Advance Program development
- Visible, Infrared and SAR missions experience
- Experience working on several LOBs and with customers
- Contract studies, system architecture, trade studies, performance analysis, risk/opportunity definition, IRAD and technology roadmaps
- Implementing architectures into designs and integrating systems
- Bridging systems with operational architectures
- Conducting analysis of alternatives, including incorporation of cost estimation
- Active TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.