Senior Python Developer
5+ Years of Python Experience
Full-time - Onsite in Washington D.C.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Python/Django developer for Artemis Consulting, you will support an integrated team supporting our federal client. You will be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client and use Agile methodology to develop a range of complex internal and public-facing applications. Positions is on-site in Washington, D.C.
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S and the Fantastic 50 fastest growing companies in Virginia. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate for this position solves highly complex IT problems and contributes to one of the most important web platforms in the Federal government. The candidate must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, prioritize across multiple competing tasks, work independently as a developer, and be able to complete tasks on time. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
· Build back-end RESTful APIs for display of content from a database
· Build ETL processes to ingest, transform and save content obtained from multiple data sources (including multiple Federal agencies)
· Design and document database models and schema.
· Writes exhaustive unit tests.
· Creates public RESTful APIs.
· Mentor peers and junior developers in Python/Django design and development techniques.
· Understands search tools like Elasticsearch and Solr, and has experience with them
· Participate in stand-ups, design/requirements meetings, code reviews, and internal technology sessions
· Work independently on development of code and creation of unit tests, using PyUnit
· Experience working in an AWS environment
· Solid experience with developing within agile frameworks
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· 5+ years of solid Python and Django development experience
· 8+ years of overall (OOP) programming experience
· Experience with Postgres DB development and management
· Experience with Search engines, such as Solr or Elasticsearch
· Excellent communication skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE
· Continuous integration tools like Jenkins
· Experience with Jira and Git
· Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
· Positions are on-site in Washington, DC.
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident or similar authorization to work (required by Federal client); background and credit check is necessary; we cannot sponsor employment visas
· Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
· Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
· Artemis Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
Artemis Consulting uses eVerify to verify employment eligibility.