Every day at Perspecta,we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's mostimportant work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilitiesand skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving ournation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts,developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to createinnovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, toadapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and developnew and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works withU.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, andstate and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in manyways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but theopportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects thatmatter.
Perspecta's talented androbust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let'smake an impact together.
Perspecta is recruiting for anexperienced Systems Architect (DoDAF)
to join our Engineering team. The position islocated in Chantilly, VA with meetings in Arlington, VA on a periodic basis.
Must be U.S. Citizen and hold active/current Top Secret /SCI
to be considered. DHS Suitability preferred
The candidate willsupport the development of the National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS)enterprise architecture as part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)National Protection and Programs Directorate's (NPPD) transformationalinitiatives. Architecture analysis and supporting products will be developedusing the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and the Unicom System Architecture (SA) tool across multiple time epochs.
- Developing DoDAF operational (OV), data (DIV), system (SV) and service (SvcV) view products insupport of the NCPS enterprise architecture
- Utilizing architectureproducts to shape/inform solution requirements in support of acquisitionobjectives
- Aligning architecturesto the customer's strategic goals/objectives (roadmaps, mission capabilities)
- Performingarchitectural analysis and design using both structured and object techniques
- Creating newarchitecture designs and integrating new architectural features into existinginfrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-widecyber systems and networks
- Identifyingsystem-of-system architectural needs by drilling through all layers of embeddedsecurity within the given WAN / LAN architecture
- Applying externalinterface requirements to architectural products; documenting externaloperational and system data exchanges
- Experience with architecturemodeling, supporting methodologies, and notation set background across bothstructured and object techniques.
- Strong understandingof DoDAF to include having practical experience in building various productviews utilizing SA or a similar tool.
- Broad based experiencein the systems engineering lifecycle and be able to apply this experience tospecific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design anddevelopment.
- Define system-of-system architectural products to represent pooled capabilities and economic resource use.
- Attend and briefengineering and architecture review boards, serving as a team membersimultaneously supporting multiple system and segment architectures.
- Broad knowledge of DHSand other Intelligence Community (IC) architectures and missions, both as-isand future vision.
- Strong communicationskills are required for collaboration with both customers and fellow architectsalike.
- The candidate must becapable of working on multiple projects simultaneously and willing to commute to Arlington, VA on a regular basis while working primarily inChantilly, VA.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or similar technical discipline
- 10 years of experience in system engineering or system development experience
- DoDAF - Systems Architect - Enterprise Architecture tool - System of Systems (SoS) - Family of Systems (FoS)
- Demonstrated experience (5 years) performing architectural definition and analysis
- Knowledge of system engineering processes, particularly architecture analysis and evaluation of alternatives
- Experience developing DoDAF2 compliant products using UNICOM System Architect or similar tool
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- TS/SCI Clearance
- DHS Suitability
- Architecture certification by recognized Government or academic institution (TOGAF, CISSP etc)
- Working knowledge of DHS mission partners
- Knowledge of cyber related systems and software
- Experience within the cybersecurity domain to include understanding of Cybersecurity Principles, NIST guidelines, and Risk Management Framework
- Demonstrated experience developing with advanced systems engineering concepts and/or tools