Description Job Description:
Leidos is looking for a Systems Architect for a position in the Mclean, VA area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The Architect will perform systems architecture, software engineering, and provide technical expertise in support of operational planning, implementation and engineering tasks. Lines of effort shall include direct support by facilitating data gathering in highly technical situations, providing engineering design and implementation of data triage capabilities, and providing technical expertise to support the development of strategic operational goals. The Systems Architect will support operational planning processes, and will travel OCNOUS and CONUS. The Systems Architect shall provide engineering support for data triage and assessment by applying knowledge of Linux, cluster, and cloud computing capabilities, especially the Hadoop ecosystem and related distributed technologies such as Kafka and Presto. The Architect shall work closely with other resources to ingest new data and use it to inform new operations.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level.
- Hadoop certification and demonstrated experience understanding of large distributed data systems, cloud infrastructure, and network architecture (Hadoop, Kafka, HBase, Presto).
- Demonstrated experience with cloud, data management, and development environments: specifically AWS, HDFS, Cloudera, Spark, Presto, and SQL.
- Programming skills in multiple languages (Java, Python, Perl) and comfortable in multiple computing environments (Window, Linux, Mac OS).
External Referral Bonus:
- Technical appreciation of online architecture, network exploitation, server configurations, and data centers.
- Understanding of the encrypted chat ecosystem.
- Understanding of encryption and encryption methodologies.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Security Architecture and EngineeringPay Range: