St. Charles Community College is seeking a full-time Systems Architect
who will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the administrative and student services Windows domain servers, as well as support for the SAN, and second-level support for internet services servers (DNS, mail, web).Other duties:
- Provides Tier-2 and Tier-3 System Administration support for servers, SANs, and operating systems; to include Windows server OS's as well as some Linux instances.
- Serves as lead by providing direction and support of the Network Computing Network and System Administrators, as well as day-to-day direction for the System Administrator's activities.
- Provides design and architecture for all Network Computing servers and SAN/storage systems and all virtualized infrastructure, as well as cloud server infrastructure including any systems present at satellite campuses that are adjunct to the main SCC campus.
- Acts as primary liaison to Administrative Computing department with respect to Windows servers and virtualized environment. Provides Windows server architecture for emerging Datatel (our current SIS) Windows migrations, and provides sole SAN management for the SIS.
- Must possess knowledge of server and data storage hardware architecture, and keep abreast of new trends as they evolve.
- Installs new/rebuilds existing servers and configures hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc., in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Configuration, manage, and update MS Windows servers during the designated maintenance window according to business best practices and security guidelines.
- Designs and architect the backup strategy for all Network Computing systems, as well as the SIS Windows servers to meet the college's retention guidelines.
- Performs day-to-day maintenance tasks for the Administrative email system.
- Provides back-up support for Linux-based servers.
- Creates technical documentation.
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Performs day-to-day Active Directory design and maintenance tasks.
- Assists PC Operations to provide support to the college community.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.Qualifications:
At least two years' experience in a relevant position. Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent mix of education and experience. Intimate knowledge of most current, as well as evolving versions of Microsoft server operating systems; current levels of Microsoft Exchange with expertise in mail protocols; experience with Microsoft's clustering model; ability to manage and configure a SAN, as well as virtualized server platforms, with an emphasis on Hyper-V; administrative capabilities across a number of Linux distributions. High degree of familiarity with DNS, Active Directory, LDAP, cross-platform data sharing, and security best practices.St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.