Systems Concept Architect - Austin, Texas
Want to join a world-class global operations organization where you can drive change while building a long-term career? Dell offers the opportunity to learn industry leading skills through our in-house training programs and top of the line career development courses.
- Primary Responsibility is Electrical system architecture of both commercial and consumer DT and AIO’s. Includes OptiPlex, Alienware and XPS lines of business.
- Generate concepts and proposals for Towers and All-In-One products
- Collaborate with all architecture and marketing disciplines, to develop feasible product definitions that meet both feature and cost requirements as well as user requirements
- Drive proof of concepts to validate feasibility where necessary
- Create architectural requirement documents that control key product ingredients and serves as a binding document for quoting and executing product definition with ODMs
- Influence decisions and provide consultation to Marketing, development teams and ODMs to identify and resolve critical issues
- Partner with key technology partners, Dell advanced technology teams and ODMs to incubate new technologies, products or process to differentiate Dell products
- Desire to create new products and features
- Proficient in leading projects and small x-functional teams
- Thorough understanding of PC architecture and core ingredients, including PC memory, I/O, USB, PCIe, graphics, displays, touch technology and their roadmaps
- Understanding of power/thermal tradeoffs, EE power management, system power budgets, power delivery and PCB constraints
- Familiar with the tools used to evaluate timing constraints, PWB layout and schematic entry.
- Robust verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. Electrical Engineer degree and 8+ years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8+ years relevant
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
-Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential
-Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
"LIAM1" "DCAM1" "MOAM1" "CBAM1"
One Dell Way Round Rock, TX, 78682