Systems Concept Architect - Austin, Texas
Want to join a world-class global operations organization where you can drive change while building a long-term career? Dell offers the opportunity to learn industry leading skills through our in-house training programs and top of the line career development courses.
- Primary Responsibility is Electrical system architecture of both commercial and consumer DT and AIO’s. Includes OptiPlex, Alienware and XPS lines of business.
- Generate concepts and proposals for Towers and All-In-One products
- Collaborate with all architecture and marketing disciplines, to develop feasible product definitions that meet both feature and cost requirements as well as user requirements
- Drive proof of concepts to validate feasibility where necessary
- Create architectural requirement documents that control key product ingredients and serves as a binding document for quoting and executing product definition with ODMs
- Influence decisions and provide consultation to Marketing, development teams and ODMs to identify and resolve critical issues
- Partner with key technology partners, Dell advanced technology teams and ODMs to incubate new technologies, products or process to differentiate Dell products
- Desire to create new products and features
- Proficient in leading projects and small x-functional teams
- Thorough understanding of PC architecture and core ingredients, including PC memory, I/O, USB, PCIe, graphics, displays, touch technology and their roadmaps
- Understanding of power/thermal tradeoffs, EE power management, system power budgets, power delivery and PCB constraints
- Familiar with the tools used to evaluate timing constraints, PWB layout and schematic entry.
- Robust verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. Electrical Engineer degree and 10 + years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8+ years relevant
"LIAM1" "DCAM1" "MOAM1" "CBAM1"
One Dell Way Round Rock, TX, 78682