The Systems Engineer will possess a bachelor s or advanced degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The ideal candidate would have at least two entry/ such as A+, CCNA, network+, etc., with at least two years of hands-on experience in a PC/network helpdesk or technical support environment. The candidate should have a good base of IT knowledge to draw upon and be able and willing to learn new applications and related hardware devices. Knowledge of technical security systems such as CCTV, alarms, and access control is a plus but not a requirement. The systems engineer will:
- Administer daily updates to the database tracking tool.
- Collection of SMSe operations support weekly action reports.
- Compile database metrics weekly.
- Assign new work orders to operations support technicians/engineers within one hour of
STAC notification (during business hours), personal follow-up on any urgent action.
- Check Solar Winds concerning network and systems status on a recurring basis and take action to address problems or issues.
- Perform level 1 troubleshooting, including server resets (Citrix), big brother admin, SNMPc, pinging servers, user accounts, TAVEE reports, etc.
- Under the direction of the lead network engineer, provide statistical reporting data on post communications links as required.
- Maintain a log and track metrics on SMSe network outages.
- Cisco and Nortel configuration, initialization and preparation of these devices for shipment to post.
- SMSe post database updates.
- Maintain up-to-date IP list on NAS with a shortcut to desktop of each SMSe terminal (print PDF report from post database).
- Daily management of the SMSe Network Operations Center - take action for any technical faults or issues, maintain cleanliness, organization (documentation), operation and monitor the SMSe logbook.
- Ensure all SMSe tickets are acted on promptly, effectively and closed out promptly.
- Under direction from the system administrator, image and configure SMSe workstations.
- Maintain the operations support duty roster.
Business Integra Inc.
Phone: 301-474-9600 Ext 120