About the Role
Are you a Software Developer who is passionate about developing highly scalable, resilient, secure applications, and an Agile way of working and culture? Do you thrive in an autonomous cross-functional team?
Our team, located in Manassas, develops applications with necessary testing automation and automation for Deployment. If you are excited by a multi-faceted role for developing applications, automation of test infrastructure, automation of deployment of Production software, and work in an Agile environment, then this role might be for you.
We have a global reach and impact but operate fast as we are a relatively small company. In this role you will:
Design, develop, integrate third-party components, test, install and support programs/systems
Analyze technical and functional requirements and translate them into software solutions. Understand dependencies toward other systems and teams.
Evaluate and recommend technical feasibility and cost estimates of the proposed solutions.
Prepare installation and operating procedures.
Provide technical assistance to colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by other team members. Develop and maintain technical documentation.
Supporting the delivered software and being part of a 'Center of Expertise' problem-solving team. Analyze support cases and, when appropriate, provide solutions following the established case management processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another related discipline.
4+ years of experience in software development and systems integration /testing; integration or functional testing of highly scalable, resilient, and secure software
Technical skills and knowledge:
Knowledge of the following components is essential:
Object-Oriented programming techniques, C++,
Scripting (one or more of these Korn-shell, PERL, Python, Ansible)
Experience the Unix platform
Experience in the following is an asset:
Database technologies (Oracle)
Network protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/S
XML, parsing methods, XML schema, XSLT, XPath
development of Multi-threaded application
Professional skills and competencies:
Autonomous and driven, with a strong ability to quickly adapt and respond to change.
Customer-oriented and quality mindset – we continually strive to deliver true customer value.
Open-minded, solutions-oriented, and a true team player – gaining energy through collaboration with others.
Fluent in English (spoken and written).
In line with team objectives, policies, and procedures, to advise, lead, control and follow through design, development of specifications, coding, testing and maintenance of high-quality application software, tools and development projects.EducationUniversity degree in computer science or related field. Or equivalent work experience.Experience5 to 10 years of experience in systems development.
01. Design, develop, test, install, and support programs/systems. Support projects proposals on the basis of cost/benefit justification interfacing with stakeholders across functional and geographical lines.
02. Meet with customers to understand needs and requirements and make recommendations on best practice systems solutions for small to medium size/complexity/risk projects.
03. Analyze detail systems factors: input/output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, alternative approaches, etc.
04. Validate alternative problem management proposals and make decisions on solutions.
05. Provide technical assistance to other SWIFT colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by less senior team members.
06. Provide technical guidance to customers and act as a mentor to less senior team members. May give presentations to management and customers.
07. May prepare and complete systems documentation and operating procedures.
08. May lead design review meetings for small to medium size/complexity/risk projects.
09. May coordinate and monitor the activities, such as schedules and costs, of a small project team.
10. Evaluate and recommend technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions.