Job ID: 2117748 Location:
EL SEGUNDO , CA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCIClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCIPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a seasoned Chief level Systems Engineer on the Horizon Program to support to the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying next-generation and advanced capability space systems under the Special Programs (SP) Directorate in El Segundo
The position supports SMC's portfolio of programs designed to gain, maintain and exploit space superiority that includes space launch, global positioning, military space vehicle communications, defense meteorological space vehicles, range systems, space vehicle control networks, space-based infrared systems, and space situational awareness capabilities.
Ideal candidates will have experience providing technical support and managing technical programs throughout the engineering life cycle of operational and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform technical support and independent risk assessment and evaluation of program management execution, technical review execution (DoD 5000.02 framework), and systems engineering.
- Assess program design and viability from a technical, perspective.
- Coordinate Government activities and contractor, sub-contractor, and vendor oversight efforts throughout the system life-cycle.
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and requirements traceability.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of various System and Space Safety Programs.
- Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Develops and evaluates program level documentation for SMC/SY assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership. Must be able to work independently.
- Engages and coordinates with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate commander's intent and priorities.
- Provides leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or relevant discipline and 18+ years of related experience (Masters Degree requires 16+ years) in technical program management, systems engineering, and acquisition within the areas of Space, Space Control, and Reconnaissance
- Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI and be willing to consent to a polygraph examination
- Master's Degree in engineering or a related field, Certified Safety Professional or Professional Engineer, 4 or more years of System Safety Engineering PMP certification, INCOSE CSEP, SE Certificates.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.