What you'll be doing...
Responsible for Enterprise Monitoring to include participating in the design, configuration, development, integration, testing, implementation, documentation and support of infrastructure environments. Manage the building and maintenance of the enterprise monitoring infrastructure services through a deep understanding of internal client’s requirements. Work with Internal Clients, Service Owners and Operational teams to develop, apply and support Enterprise Infrastructure processes, tools and environments.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
Who you are...
- Serve in the role of technical subject matter expert and evangelist for enterprise monitoring, refining existing functional requirements for monitoring and event management tools and participating in the development of an integrated monitoring/event management tooling strategy and architecture.
- To be responsible for the delivery of assigned projects on the Enterprise Monitoring Roadmap.
- To maintain and improve the standards within the Monitoring group and to evangelize best practices.
- Collaborates with management and service owners to assess near- and long-term capacity needs. Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to Enterprise Monitoring configuration, mapping, processes and service records.
- To assist with improving the standard of technical delivery and competencies within the technical teams.
- Conducts research on Enterprise Monitoring products, services, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the various Monitoring industry.
- Oversees new and existing equipment, physical or virtual, and software upgrades.
- Assists in negotiations with vendors to secure Enterprise Monitoring products and ensure services are implemented according to business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Monitors Systems performance and troubleshoots problem areas as needed.
- Practices Monitoring System asset management, including maintenance of System component inventory and related documentation.
- Participates in design documentation of Monitoring related solutions.
- Plan, engineer and implement robust and cost-effective computing environments in the cloud, exploiting emerging technologies to provide compelling solutions.
- Participate in process development with partners and Service Providers.
- Participates in the transition process to operational teams.
- Act as a project leader for some projects providing task direction to achieve project goals.
- Educated. AA or BS in Computer Science, similarly technical degree or equivalent directly applicable experience.
- Experienced. 5+ years of experience working as a system administrator or systems engineer.
- Knowledgeable. Experience with virtual infrastructure, enterprise systems, cloud environments, supporting development and operational teams and driving continuous improvements to their support and testing systems.
- Tech Savvy. Strong experience with technologies supporting corporate infrastructure: Enterprise Monitoring Suites such as Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, etc. and AWS preferred) across design, deployment, maintenance, and scaling. Advanced knowledge in Linux system installation, configuration and management. Active Directory management and related network services experience
- A True Team Player. Excellent customer service skills with an upbeat positive attitude, and you have to be a great team player.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.