The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
This position will support the National Nuclear Security Administration Defense Programs, through system engineering and integration (SE&I) expertise. The candidate will develop and execute studies such as systems architecture analyses, technology development planning and evaluation, organizational effectiveness studies, and risk assessments. This will require the candidate to work collaboratively with program development and program execution staff to fully leverage the Aerospace Corporation's technical capabilities in all relevant areas to best support the NNSA.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- A successful candidate will apply Systems Engineering (SE) practices to develop and manage the foundation of the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) toolsets and implementation which includes the following: creating the SysML models, integrating MBSE tool suites, and detailing the model-based systems engineering. This candidate is expected to be proficient with models and MBSE tools.
- The candidate will utilize an agile MBSE approach that provides rigor, repeatability, and flexibility to support the needs of the NNSA customer. This position will apply MBSE methods to create and manage Systems Models, using SysML and other system engineering tool sets, enabling support of all SE use cases across the systems engineering lifecycle to realize the full projected value of MBSE.
The candidate will work with IT domain experts to bring new tools and capabilities online. Identify and specify tool automation opportunities to increase efficiency.
- The candidate will develop SE process model and change management processes/procedures for models, MBSE style guide and modeling procedures, SysML/model training materials, model-based technical review artifacts. Provide MBSE/SysML/model training to systems engineering team.
- Develop solutions for Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) activities using commercial MBSE tools to identify program requirements and relationships, and manage the execution of the systems engineering process, including interfaces, key performance parameters, and operational concepts
- Integrate models to modern requirements management, architecture, and systems engineering software
- Participates in converting from document-based to model-based architectures, participate in refactoring of existing models
- Leads Modeling and Simulation activities
- Perform customer requirements analysis, develop system requirements and define allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components)
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e. g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Researches, designs, and develops systems, in conjunction with software and hardware product development, applying principles and techniques of systems engineering, modeling and simulation and analysis
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
How You Can Stand Out
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or related field of study.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering disciplines
- Experience in systems engineering, program controls and quality, including tasks such as requirements flow-down, interface definition, resource loaded schedules, documentation repositories, change control processes, system performance analysis, programmatic risk management, cost, schedule and performance trades, and technology development investment analyses.
- Proficiency in tools such as Cameo, Mathworks, MATLAB, MathWorks Simulink, Wind River Simics, ExtendSim
- Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Understanding of basic project leadership principles such as Schedule Performance Index/Cost Performance Index, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls
- Eight years or more of experience in mission assurance (application of system engineering, risk management, quality, and management principles to achieve mission success) and MBSE application/implementation related activities
- Demonstrated capability to perform analysis and technical product delivery, as evidenced through examples of recent integrated work products.
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance.
- Some travel is required.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- An advanced degree in engineering, science, or related field of study.
- A formal degree or certification in systems engineering and/or project management.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a self-motivated and self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills in tasks such as formulating enterprise level plans, executing and leading studies, and utilizing internal technology competency organizations.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement