Job Number: R0079874
Systems Engineer, Senior The Challenge:
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in design, development, and delivery of impactful Department of Navy systems? You understand your customer's environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical and operational requirements, design specifications, and technical work instructions that makes you an integral part of delivering a customer-focused engineering solution. As a systems engineer on our team, you have the chance to support the Navy by supporting tasks in the areas of systems engineering, analysis, and verification and validation for a portfolio of Anti-Submarine Warfare surveillance systems. This position requires the ability to travel.
In this role, you will apply your knowledge of electrical and mechanical hardware systems, sensor technologies and applications, and computing systems and software design to support development and review of system performance specifications, and system architectures; participate in the review of technical data packages and facilitate integrated product team and technical review meetings; identify technical deficiencies, and analyze problem reports, solutions, and recommendations. Your technical expertise will be vital as you evaluate and support existing systems sustainment and contribute to the acquisition and development of next-generation sensor, processing, and systems to support the Navy's missions. Join our team and help turn requirements into accomplishments that drive change.
Empower change with us. You Have:
Nice If You Have:
- 7+ years of experience with systems engineering, engineering, or procurement for military systems
- 3+ years of experience in a Navy Systems Command, Acquisition, or Integration Program Office or System Provider
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ability to support occasional travel
- Active Secret clearance
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, IT, Physics, or Mathematics
- 7+ years of experience in the Navy or supporting Navy programs
- Experience with developing system architectures and interface control documents
- Knowledge of fiber optic communications systems or power distribution
- Possession of excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills to support working in a dynamic, diverse team environment within a US Navy program office
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Certifications, including CSEP or ASEP
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required. Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.