Job ID: 2113376 Location:
HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
NoDescription Job Description:
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Army Trainer Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) training solutions with the Joint Technology Center/Systems Integration Laboratory (JSIL) in Huntsville, AL. This position will perform system engineering support in the development and sustainment of Army training simulation products.
Duties will include requirements definition/analysis, system design, software/hardware development support and testing. Position will require strong background in mathematics and computer science; including the ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple contractors and teaming partners. Selected candidate will need to possess strong communication skills with respect to providing customer facing design reviews, and must be a self-starter able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Education & Experience:
- Design solutions that meet requirements for UAS training solutions in the scope of software baseline planning, network design, deployment methodologies, and benchmark validation of system prototypes.
- Use understanding of engineering processes to help drive the definition, maintenance, synchronization, and monitoring of processes to include: architecture definition, interface control, requirements management, formal technical reviews, and configuration management processes.
- Support systems integration, test, documentation, and delivery of the UAS training solutions.
- Work with multiple contractors and team partners to continuously deliver value to our customers.
- Candidate will review, verify and validate system specifications and other design-related documentation.
- Support architectural design and analyze customer requirements.
- Support unit and component test cases for inclusion in the Continuous Integration/Deployment pipeline.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced development environment with other teams/team members to resolve technical issues that may arise during development and testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development or a related discipline with at least 5 years of experience.
- Will also consider a Master's degree and 3 years of experience.
- Ability to interact with the customer to deliver design review material (including SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.)
- Experience with software system and hardware system architectures, networking solutions, virtualization products, and software deployment methods.
- Working knowledge of agile and scrum practices.
- Able to review system and subsystem specifications and interface documentation for completeness, accuracy, and applicability.
- TCP/IP/UDP network communications experience.
- UAS control software experience.
- Experience with client/server applications.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux (Redhat/CentOS) Operating Systems.
- Must be a US Citizen with an Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with distributed simulation, Army tactical systems, 6-DOF (6 Degrees of Freedom), Motion Models, and/or Flight Models.
- UAS Vehicles and relative Payloads background/experience.
- Army and Army Training background/experience.
- Familiar with STNG-4586 protocol.
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.