Job ID: 2112610 Location:
ALEXANDRIA , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCIPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer with Digital Engineering/Model Based Engineering experience in defense weapon systems to join our energized team supporting an exciting variety of programs to provide advanced DoD Digital Engineering.
SAIC supports the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering OUSD(R&E) customers as they lead, cultivate, and develop innovative solutions to address common concerns of shifting to Digital Engineering (DE). SAIC also provides technical expertise to improve the state of practice to pursue cross-cutting issues across the acquisition community and within the systems engineering enterprise.
As a senior member of the team, you will assist OUSD(R&E) architect, develop, and implement an approach for Joint and Service digital engineering body of knowledge and the digital ecosystems. Candidates must possess strong analytical skills with broad-based background and demonstrated in-depth understanding of model-based systems engineering implementation and architecture requirements and technologies. Candidate must be able to conduct briefings, participate in technical cross-functional meetings, and demonstrate a clear capability to interface with customers, SMEs, and vendors. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Identify and propose improvements in the use of models as a trusted, reliable, and cohesive element within Digital Engineering
- Provide technical expertise and support in the development and implementation of the Digital Engineering Body of Knowledge
Qualifications Education & Experience:
- Conduct analysis of alternatives (AoA) to support the recommendation of approaches, tools, and technologies for development of new analytics, including data- and event-driven analytics
- Collaborate with various engineering teams to support requirements definition, integration, and deployment of newly developed capabilities
- Engage with customers of Platform-as-a-Service environment to assess, document, and elaborate their business requirements
- Collaborate with all teams to help guide strategic software and hardware choices and configurations in association with the rest of the environment
- Create proposals, documentation, and associated drawings in support of the working environment and future planning
- Assist with defining requirements; provide input to project scope, schedule, and budget
- Prepare presentations and other materials to support project functions.
- Lead activities to identify project risks and assist in the development of mitigation plans
- Draft correspondence, reports, white papers, minutes, spreadsheets, communications products, briefs, and other documentation
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related field
- Minimum of nine (9) years of systems engineering experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in the Defense Acquisition Community as a Military Officer/Government Civilian/or Contractor
- Familiarity with the DoD 5000 series, to include the Defense Acquisition Guide (DAG)
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience in acquisition planning, briefing and coordinating senior-level technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse participates.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, able to convey complex ideas and theories to technical and non-technical audiences
- Active DOD Secret Clearance, able to obtain TS/SCI
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.