Solidus has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer to provide engineering support for Mission Planning at Hanscom AFB, MA. The work will be performed from Eglin AFB in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
The engineering team includes engaged subject matter experts and Systems Engineers identifying, proposing & supporting solutions for their clients, peer engineers and end users. We are seeking a collaborator that works well on teams large & small, who is willing to learn new ways of building software-intensive systems and is effective at helping others do the same. The Mission Planning enterprise is embracing leading-edge methodologies for agile software development via the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Serving as an Agile Product Manager/Systems Engineer -- advocating for customer needs, prioritizing Features and backlogs, and guiding work through the agile development process & Program Kanban.
• Creating Technical Requirements Backlogs, Statements of Work, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other documentation in support of new Mission Planning Delivery Orders.
• Coordinating with enterprise stakeholders to prioritize product backlogs for software development sprints and releases.
• Generating Mission Threads, Use Cases and requirements packages as applicable and managing those requirements and their traceability. Identify and manage internal and external dependencies.
• Analyzing software development technical metrics, reporting results and recommending corrective actions.
• Understanding and leveraging an Enterprise Product approach to identify requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, with opportunities for reuse. Report the technical status of product development to key stakeholders.
• Evaluating technical proposals and other technical data items, to include architecture descriptions, requirements documents, designs, test plans/reports and process descriptions.
• Participate in determining the system/subsystem and interface characteristics, validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives while working closely with the Agile Release Train (ARTs) and Solution Trains.
Attend Product Owner Scrum meetings and participate in Program Increment (PI) planning events. Also, support the Engineering role as an individual or part of a small team that defines a shared technical and architectural vision for the System/Solution under development.
• Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• A current US Secret security clearance.
• Demonstrable knowledge of fundamental systems engineering concepts and experience in applying these concepts to software-intensive systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems.
• General familiarization of U.S. DoD system development and acquisition processes.
• Experience with requirements management processes and tools to include Jama Software.
• Experience with software systems integration, Agile Software Development, Scaled Agile Framework and Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model-Integrated (CMMI) processes.
- Will consider more experienced candidates who have Air Force/Navy Mission Planning operations or development experience, or similar DoD Command & Control experience.
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm