Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is seeking a Surveillance Systems Engineer to generate quantifiable contract requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition strategies for a joint agency surveillance and weather program. Assess program artifacts and translate technical capabilities and system development strategies into specifications and program requirements. Work with multi-disciplined acquisition, technical and engineering teams to develop detailed solution development, production, and solution implementation requirements. Develop acquisition documents to include statements of work (SOW), evaluation criteria, technical performance parameters, and other required solicitation/contract attachments. Provide support to Screening Information Request (SIR)/Request for Proposal (RFP) development and coordination activities. Assess vendor responses using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, coordinate development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall program, requirements development, and acquisition strategies. Perform in-depth editing of technical and acquisition documents for clarity, completeness, technical accuracy, continuity, readability, grammar and punctuation. Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Engineering, related technical field (Aerospace, Computer Science, Electrical, Math, or similar field) and 15 years of experience or 12 years of experience with MS/MA in Engineering, related technical field (Aerospace, Computer Science, Electrical, Math, or similar); or 20 years related experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with FAA and/or DoD prime mission equipment or major systems acquisition development and execution.
- Experience in surveillance engineering
- Ability to understand, interpret, and translate programmatic and technical objectives into contract requirements.
- Experience with acquisition, system and software development, test procedures, implementation, configuration management, and full system lifecycle processes.
- Ability to provide technical feedback, guidance and recommendations.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain consensus with multi-discipline teams across organizational/functional lines.
- Ability to understand complex joint program organizational responsibilities and maintain appropriate contact.
- Proficient in technical writing and able to successfully communicate with both technical and acquisition specialists.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets, determine trends, and recommend plans of action.
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forms.
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: