(Req governance req 1 204112)
Systems Engineer - Infrastructure Engineering
Who You'll Work With
About OpenDNS, now part of Cisco: OpenDNS is a leading provider of network security and DNS services, enabling the world to connect to the Internet with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime.
Our approach is twofold; first Umbrella, our cloud-delivered network security service, blocks advanced attacks including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly-discovered threats before they can reach our customers. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has proven reliability and adds no latency. We protect each and every one of our customers' devices globally without any hardware to install or software to maintain.
Working at OpenDNS means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. It's a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won't be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don't just take our word for it. We've seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth.
Who You’ll Work With
Infrastructure Engineering consists of Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering and Security Engineering - together, we build core Internet infrastructure, security applications and distributed systems at scale. Our environment processes 2,000,000+ requests per second, across 25 data-centers and cloud infrastructure providers.
Who You Are
Systems Engineering is responsible for architecture, development and implementation of the infrastructure used by our applications. We build the full stack; servers (bare metal and cloud), operating system, middleware, application containers and work directly with Software Engineering teams to develop deeply integrated products. Our goal is providing a platform and services layer for consistent development, while ensuring operational flexibility.
We are committed to getting it done...properly, the first time.
* Experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
* Experience with applications that span multiple data-centers and/or cloud controllers
* Strong familiarity with systems engineering, grid/cluster computing and programming theory
* Experience working with client/server side frameworks and platforms
* Experience with Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby
* Experience with Linux and FreeBSD, configuration and tuning
* Experience with systems configuration management and CI automation
* Expertise specifying, designing, and implementing; traffic routing, health, perf monitoring
* Experience with application delivery platforms for load balancing, caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc.
* Experience with service performance, monitoring and load automation
* Experience with AWS, OpenStack, Docker, MySQL, and Memcache
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
@CiscoCareers is #hiring #Linux #FreeBSD #tuning #configuration #reverse proxy #Shell #Perl #Python #Ruby #load balancing #caching #compression #firewalling #SSL termination #AWS #OpenStack #Docker #MySQL #Memcache
170 West Tasman Dr. San Jose, CA, 95134