Job ID: 2114080 Location:
SPRINGFIELD , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is looking for a well-qualified Systems Engineer - Project Management Support to join an exciting program in Springfield, VA. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn and the ability to be an immediate contributor in fast paced team environments. Job responsibilities include providing tailored project management, acquisition, specialized systems engineering, and technical analysis support for a portfolio of advanced capabilities in the maritime domain. The candidate will be required to monitor project cost, schedule, and technical performance throughout the acquisition life cycle and to generate associated reports and deliverables while working in close coordination with customer project officer.
Primary tasks include:
- Support the sustainment of current capabilities as well as the development of future enhanced capabilities to meet the customer's evolving operational needs;
- Provide high-level systems engineering expertise in support of system acquisition, platform integration, testing and evaluation, and deployment activities;
- Preparation and submission of project status reports, briefing materials, and other administrative deliverables;
- Attend project meetings including formal milestone reviews (requirements reviews, design reviews, test readiness reviews, etc.) and informal planning sessions to track status and actions related to cost, schedule, and technical performance;
- Support new concept development, configuration and risk management activities, long-range strategic planning, and other tasks as assigned.
- An active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information (TS/SCI);
- The ability to complete a counter-intelligence scope polygraph (post hire);
- Shall have 5 years or more experience providing technical project management support for DOD and/or IC acquisitions;
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as engineering, physical sciences, mathematics, or operations research; 4 additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree. 8+ years of general experience.
- Prior Systems Engineering or Program Management acquisition certification from the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) or equivalent authority;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience supporting government CORs and contract documentation - Procurement Requests, Statements of Work, Acquisition Plans, Technical Advisory Reports, and other contracting documents
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.