As the e-commerce trends continue to evolve, Transportation Insight has strategically positioned itself in the industry with top talent that boasts strategic involvement in the continued evolution of the small package/parcel and freight marketplace. In addition to our knowledge, we have built out the technology to help companies (shippers) unlock the power of their supply chain.
Transportation Insight is recognized as a premier employer regionally and nationally because of our reputation, workplace culture and growth opportunities. At the core of our culture, team members are motivated to improve our clients, our communities and ourselves every day.JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for the planning and engineering of Transportation Insight systems infrastructure. This includes the implementation and design of hardware and software solutions to support the business directives. Monitor the performance of systems and applications. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others.The System Engineer II will be responsible for network operations across multiple locations including server platforms in off-site co-location facilities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage email servers (Exchange).
- Manage Vmware Infrastructure.
- Manage Hyper-V Infrastructure.
- Manage Active Directory.
- Manage VPN, firewalls and network security.
- Manage Storage (SAN and SCSI attached).
- Maintain disaster recovery plan.
- Perform backups and recovery.
- Maintain desktop software - installing, upgrading, patching.
- Maintain configure, design, and implement current and future network infrastructure.
- Maintain servers and supporting equipment in co-location facilities (some travel will be required).
- Monitor and optimize performance of servers.
- Maintain documentation of servers and networking equipment
- 4 year degree in a relevant discipline or 6+ years hands on experience in enterprise environments.
- MCSE and/or CCNA certification is a plus.
- Design/Architect robust enterprise ready platforms based on business requirements.
- Think creatively within the context of a team environment to push the boundaries of technology to meet organizational needs.
- Exchange messaging platform 2007/2010/2013.
- SharePoint 2010 design and administration.
- HyperV, Vmware vSphere 5.0 + including vCenter.
- Experience with VOIP systems in both on premise and cloud based deployment.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 server environment and Active Directory, design, implementation, administration and troubleshooting.
- Linux experience including Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- Detailed understanding of Active Directory, DNS architecture and administration.
- SAN networks based on both iSCSI and Fiber Channel fabric.
- Networking and routing using Cisco Nexus, and HP ComWare.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In an effort to recruit, develop and retain top talent, we are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all personnel practices to ensure equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training for a more inclusive workforce.