Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is currently hiring a Systems Engineer
to fill a critical position on the LANDMARK AOS program. LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise. This critical position will be on the leading edge of performing agile systems engineering for the Application Services Provider (ASP) organization. This organization is leading efforts to develop and deliver applications and services to the Cloud. Additionally, this position will interact daily with senior government and Program staff to support a variety of high priority, high visibility activities including: engineering and analysis of new concepts and technologies; supporting the definition and baselining of new capabilities and/or enhancements; leading studies and analysis in support of transition from a System implementation to a Cloud implementation; all aspects of System Engineering analysis (architecture, requirements, Concept of Operations (CONOPs), interfaces, schedule and dependency identification); test support, and Readiness Event support. You will work side-by-side with the other 200 LANDMARK AOS staff comprised of System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Engineers to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications. This position offers growth opportunities not only within the LANDMARK AOS program, but within Engility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise to customer program office and collaborate with other engineers as part of a top-notch Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team
- Perform Configuration Management and review and author Ground Change Requests (GCRs) or Requests for Change (RFCs)
- Review program for technical risks and recommend mitigation approaches
- Participate as a reviewer in working groups, engineering review boards, design reviews, test readiness reviews, operational readiness reviews, etc.
- Office based with SETA team in Chantilly, VA with occasional local travel in the Washington metro area and potential infrequent travel
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years experience is strongly preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the Intelligence Community or Department of Defense to include the government acquisition cycle, requirements development & processes, acquisition/engineering documentation, and system lifecycle management
- Understanding of core systems engineering disciplines and processes
- Understanding of Configuration Management (CM), Change Management and Schedule management principles and practice
- Experience conducting Requirements and CONOPS development and management
- Working knowledge of Request for Change (RFC) process and Engineering Review Board process
- Team player willing to work with senior technical engineers to guide them through a complex CM and RM process experience with Requirements Managements (RM) suite of tools.
- Self-starter with strong mission and customer-oriented focus (willingness to get the job done and support broader Team efforts)
- Strong oral and written communications to support interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong communications and coordination skills (written and oral)
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forum
- Proficiency with MS Office suite to include Project, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint is needed to perform day-to-day tasks
- Experience using DOORS Next Gen
- Familiarity with Key Performance Parameters, Technical Performance Measures, and other performance metrics
- Familiarity with J-SMART RFC tool
- Knowledge of agile software engineering principles and tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence etc.
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: