Kforce has a client that is seeking a Systems Engineer - VMWare in Reston, VA.
In this role, the candidate will work with a large operational support team to support and engineer technical solutions.The primary focus area will be on our customer's VMWare/Horizon desktop solution. This role will report to customer site in Washington, DC each day.
* Write and implement change management requests. Installs and configures systems per approved change requests
* Coordinate and communicate changes and major issues with the client and team members
* Work through issues including interacting across support teams to isolate the root cause of problems
* Provides incident resolution and break/fix situations, including dealing with software and hardware vendor technical support
* Proactively maintain and administer all VMWare Horizon components, to include AppVolumes and Dynamic Environment Manager
* Proactively maintain and administer multiple vSphere environments to include vCenter, ESXi, and vSAN
* Evaluate, install, maintain, and troubleshoot application services on Windows servers
* 5 years of system engineering experience
* Candidates qualifying for this position will have similar experience along with the skills and abilities to perform the duties mentioned
* Any relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.