The Systems Engineer will work with internal and external clients to create and implement enterprise policies, procedures and standards around Windows Server, VMware and other various platforms. This position will collaborate with a team of engineers supporting virtualization, containers, storage, backup/recovery and automation efforts. This position requires a deep understanding of Microsoft and VMware technologies and the ability to isolate, analyze and resolve technical issues.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU Required
- Define policies, procedures and standards for implementing and maintaining our Windows Server infrastructure including Windows/SQL clusters, Certificate Authorities, and licensing.
- Maintain our VMware ESX and Horizon View environment.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with IT policies and procedures.
- Performance monitoring and retuning, support across production and pre-production environments in multiple physical locations.
- Develop Disaster Recovery strategies and business continuity plans.
- Provision server storage following industry best practices.
- Provide regular status reports to stakeholders on tasks accomplished, current issues and progress toward goals.
- Automate routine tasks with PowerShell.
- Recommend and implement improvements in our virtualization platform, Windows environment, Active Directory, storage arrays, automation solutions and other systems.
- Act as final escalation point for server and systems incidents.
- Work closely with other members of Information Technology team to assist with project implementations and other tasks as requested.
- Participate in rotating on-call coverage or emergency response as needed.
- 4 or more years' Information Technology experience.
- 2 or more years' experience in dedicated systems engineering role.
- Working knowledge/understanding of Windows Server operating systems and enterprise storage.
- Extensive enterprise-level Active Directory (Certificates/DHCP/DNS/GPO/etc.) experience.
- Extensive experience with VMware and specialization in PKS, SRM or VRA.
- Proficiency in PowerShell and/or BOSH.
- Experience in writing corporate policy, procedure and standards documentation.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- BS or BA degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Mortgage and/or Financial Services industry experience.
- Any recognized IT certifications (MCP, MCSE, VCP, etc.).
- Experience with Azure/AWS/Google Cloud and/or cloud migration.
- Experience with IIS Web Server deployment best practices.
- Experience with Cisco UCS servers.
- Experience with Pure Storage arrays.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with MDS Switch configuration.
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor cafe with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!