Senior Systems Engineer (WORK FROM HOME, US/CAN/UK)Job Description:Senior Systems Engineer ( WORK FROM HOME, US/CAN/UK) Who we are:
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. Our Digital Safe platform provides robust compliance archiving, eDiscovery, and supervisory solutions. All hosted in the world's largest, private cloud with more than 60 petabytes of data under management. Here's more: https://www.microfocus.com/en-us/products/managed-services/overview How could you help us do this?
We are looking for a talented Systems Engineerwith a broad knowledge of Linux, infrastructure, and incident support. The primary functions of the role include performing data restorations, architecture design& deployment, system configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and providing proactive solutions to potential problem areas.Asa Senior System Engineer, you will worktogether withproject managers, software engineers, and operations teamstotop quality solutions for our clients.
- Works on a variety of systems covering a complex assortment of software,hardware, andnetworkconfigurations
- Evaluates systems components, systems software, networking infrastructure and hardware peripherals for reliability, performance, scalability, andsecurity
- Analyzes and tunes systems for performance, throughput, resource utilization, high availability, andscalability
- Manages data migrations from various data sources such as legacy Archive systems into the Digital Safe.
- Is involved with database management and administration using DB2, Postgres, MSSQL, and/orMySQL
- Helps the team to modernize legacy technologysolutionssuch as moving to container-basedarchitectures
- Participatesin the culture of continual service improvements and work with other departments within the organization to meet companyand teamgoals
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Service Management, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6- 8 years of industry experience, including 3 years in systems administration managing Unix/Linux systems
- Strong Unix skills is an absolute must
- Hands on experience with networking technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls,routers,and load balancers
- Database experience administeringrelational databases, with hands on experience usingSQL
- Experience with one or more email technologies (MicrosoftExchange,SendMail, Postfix)desired
- Experience withWindowsServer administration is aplus
- Familiarity with messaging standards such as Email's RFC2821, RFC2822 is aplus
- Experience with virtualization technology such as KVMorHyper-Vas well as container technologies such as Kubernetes is aplus
- Knowledge of Agile methodology is a plus
ServicesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status