Our research-driven client is a trusted source of discovery, innovation, and development in the medical field. They are committed to improving the lives of global citizens through the use of cutting edge technology. Our client is seeking a Systems Engineer to join their illustrious team. In this role, you will provide comprehensive operations support for enterprise Windows systems and databases (primarily Microsoft SQL Server).
Candidate must meet all requirements for obtaining and maintaining a Public Trust Clearance. What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- Provide systems administration, engineering and architecture support to ongoing infrastructure operations and projects to maintain highly available shared computing resources and data
- Maintain hardware and software across all environments (physical, virtual, cloud)
- Deploy approved release packages and break-fix solutions in accordance with all enterprise architecture and configuration, change, and release management policies and procedures
- Administer Microsoft SQL clustered databases as required: provision, delete, backup, troubleshoot, provide performance tuning, etc.
- Develop and maintain custom scripts and stored procedures to automate repetitive tasks and improve consistency in operations and maintenance activities
- Perform, maintain, and ensure that all data and database backups run successfully according to established schedules; perform audits on replicated data and data backups to ensure data integrity; report inconsistencies and remediation plans
- Monitor network infrastructure, systems operations, and critical application services 24/7; provide information and statistics relevant to system limits on capacity, data storage, system utilization, etc.; respond to critical outages and restore services within agreed upon service levels
- Review and assess network and systems performance; troubleshoot and resolve issues as required, and propose and implement changes aimed at continuous improvement
- Manage directories such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Open Directory, Kerberos and Active Directory (AD); respond to changes within service level agreements
- Support data center operations and planning, including space and rack space management; enterprise-wide capacity planning; and ongoing power, wiring, and air conditioning maintenance
- Break down, set up, and transport IT equipment during moves within and between government-owned or leased data centers and offices for relocation and/or surplus activities
About Eliassen Group:
- Bachelor-s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related business, scientific, or technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience supporting clustered Windows and SQL systems in a complex research-based 24/7 enterprise environment
- Knowledge of database administration to include query writing, stored procedures, backup tools, and performance tuning; experience executing these tasks in Microsoft SQL Server at a minimum
- Applicable Microsoft certifications to demonstrate technical competencies
- Experience working with SolarWinds and What-s Up Gold monitoring tools
- Experience with hardware and software for distributed computing; virtualization; large-scale, high-performance storage systems; databases; and cloud computing
- Experience with maintaining Dell PowerEdge and Cisco UCS hardware
- Experience with enterprise technologies currently in use including: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), CommVault, IBM BigFix/Endpoint Manager, JIRA, ServiceNow, VMware vSphere, VMware Operations Manager, VMware Site Recovery Manager, Microsoft Hyper-V, ESET antivirus, CheckPoint encryption
- Experience working with developers to deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain custom applications
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate - in writing and presentations - complex topics and procedures with team members and all levels of customer stakeholders
Eliassen Group has been driving the success of our clients, consultants, and employees within Technology Staffing and Consulting Services since 1989. For over 25 years, we have been at the forefront of innovation by uniting talented people and quality solutions within successful companies to help them attain their business objectives. Our solution oriented approach to understanding your needs ensures that we identify and represent the best possible talent available in the market, personally selected and matched to your requirements by our highly-tenured, extraordinarily capable recruiting team. Our consulting divisions include expertise focused on Agile, Biometrics & Data Solutions, Creative Services, Government Services, Life Sciences and Workforce Management. Eliassen Group is privately held and headquartered in Wakefield, MA.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don-t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check ! Category: