SAIC is looking for a well-qualified System Engineer to act as an Acquisition and Project Management specialist in an exciting program in Springfield, VA. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn. Job responsibilities include conducting applied systems engineering analysis; requirements development and coordination; providing tailored systems engineering support to major systems that are under acquisition, entering operations, and maintenance phases, and fully fielded systems; coordinating technical discussions to identify pre-planned product improvements requiring research and development investments; participating in system working groups, technical exchange meetings, and technical status meetings/reviews, concept of operations development, documenting proceedings, tracking action items, and supporting customer resourcing decisions.
Primary tasks and roles include:
- Provide tailored systems engineering services with intermediate level of understanding of Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) acquisition processes;
- Support technical and operational exchange meetings supporting concept of operations development, logistics, and training requirements development;
- Participate in periodic reviews of project status to include system reviews, design reviews, quarterly and monthly performance reviews, providing formal minutes of the meetings and tracking action items assigned;
- Analyze performance reports for both developmental and deployed systems and provide timely recommendations to resolve technical problems;
- Develop, update and maintain functional baseline configuration of system capability needs and requirements; and
- Collaborate with project officers and partner organizations to develop and implement requirements within allocated resources.
- An active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information (TS/SCI);
- The ability to successfully complete a polygraph;
- Shall have a Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as engineering, physics, oceanography or operations research;
- Shall have 5+ years of experience providing technical support for DoD and/or IC Project Managers;
- Shall have proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of relative experience [OR
My SAIC Benefits.