SAIC is looking for highly-motivated, talented individuals to become a part of a diverse engineering and technology team. Our mission is to supply optimal engineering, science and advanced technology solutions to the Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support for the USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Range and Network Directorate (SMC/RN) services to modernize and sustain the Launch and Test Range System (LTRS), the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) and the Space Training Acquisition Office (STAO).
The candidate for this position provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors through frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
The System Engineer:
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
• Clearance level: DoD Secret
• Bachelors (STEM) and two (2) years or more of related experience; Masters (STEM) and one (1) year or more of related experience
• Participated with government workforce to establish plans and objectives
• Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives Desired Qualifications
- An active TS/SCI Security Clearance
My SAIC Benefits.