Title: Firewall Administrator/ Security Engineer
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Duration: 36+ months
Spruce Technology is a mid-size and rapidly-growing Information Technology services firm headquartered in New Jersey. An award-winning firm (Inc 5000, Smart CEO) with a steadily growing portfolio of commercial and government clients, Spruce Technology provides innovative technology solutions, specialized IT staff, and IT strategy consulting nationwide.
Spruce Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, pregnancy, race, creed, color, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Manage projects related to implementing Cyber Security tools and products (not necessarily firewall)
- Work with teams outside of Cyber Security to complete projects
- Review client requirements for security systems.
- Collaborate with engineers and developers towards a secure technical approach.
- Installation software and hardware components of firewalls and other portions of security infrastructure.
- Configure firewalls for usage, manage their day-to-day operations, and perform regular maintenance through upgrades and patches.
- Track and manage licenses status for renewal, upgrade, etc...
- Review and implement firewall rule changes per client s specifications as necessary.
- Fully test, monitor and document system changes.
- Support and maintain proxy, VPN and other network traffic management.
- Monitor security devices and applications for performance problems.
- Write and maintain documentation on process procedures, device statuses, firewall block lists, and other important technical areas.
- Create diagrams of network topologies and record details of troubleshooting processes.
- Recommend changes to policies and standards as technology develops.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a Security Engineer role with the following technologies: Checkpoint, Cisco Firewalls & Splunk
- Must be willing and able to support initiatives occasionally during off hours
If interested, please forward a latest copy of your resume with contact information to (Abdul/ 973.324.7917 / email@example.com)