Description Job Description:
Are you ready to work on a project that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where we FIGHT for our employees, one round at a time!
You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe work environments AND a 20k Sign on Bonus for this position upon funding and hire onto program!
Pending contract award, the Leidos Intelligence Group will have a career opportunity for a Systems Engineer on a new, large, multi-year contract for systems engineering, integration, software development, testing, configuration management and training to develop, modernize and sustain Mission Management, Mission Assessment, Sensor Control and Execution (Mission Execution), and Sensor Cognizance functions within our customer environment.
The Systems Engineer applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement.
Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
The Entry Level System Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management;
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
- Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus one (1) year of systems engineering experience.
- Or Twelve (12) credit hours of college coursework in one (1) or more of the ISO/IEC 15288 Technical Process Areas may be substituted for the required one (1) year of systems engineering experience.
- Or A High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of general system engineering experience (any Process Area) may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.
CSS20KExternal Referral Bonus:
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Systems EngineeringPay Range: