Role: Systems Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
6 Months Contract
Engineer with at least 3-5 years of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) knowledge and background to provide briefing materials, training, work instructions, and other related documents that support the implementation of systems engineering functionality within the division. This position will support implementation of a systems engineering capability in the Aircraft Certification Service (AIR) as well as across other interdependent FAA program and offices, to enable system optimization that considers development and application of regulations, policies, and procedures. The capability will be applied to projects including those related to Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Urban Air Mobility, hybrid-electric propulsion, and other emerging technologies.
- Expertise in the implementation of engineering/systems engineering across large organizations, ideally with the FAA, a working knowledge of the FAA Systems Engineering Manual and experience communicating complex programs to executives and staff, and experience developing educational and training materials related to systems engineering.
- Ensure deliverables are in accordance with the PWS.
- Analysis and systems engineering of software updates.
- Coordinate engineering reviews and support technical meetings with stakeholders, users, and development contractors.
- Complete NAS documentation to baseline and maintain configuration management of the system design.
- Support User Acceptance Testing events.
- Support 28- and 56-day publication cycle reviews.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy.
- Proficient with MS Windows and MS Office applications and software.
- US Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain Government clearance.
- FAA work experience.
- Experience with FAA aeronautical systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a college or university and 10 years' related experience OR
- Master's degree in Engineering from a college or university and 7 years' related experience.
Interested one can send the resumes to stanly(@)ubsols.com