Kforce has a client that is seeking a Systems Engineer (Space/ Satellite Systems) in Albuquerque, New Mexico (NM).
* Planning, writing, and executing spacecraft commissioning activities and procedures for customer space missions
* Planning and writing user handbooks for Space Vehicles, Ground Systems, and Simulators
* Planning, writing, and executing commissioning activities and procedures for customer missions
* Planning and writing user handbooks for Ground Systems and Simulators
* Support the management of Payload interfaces and CONOPS definitions
* Participation in mission rehearsals to simulate engineering tasks performed in operations
* Participation in integration and test activities at other corporate locations to develop subsystem and system familiarity
* Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
* Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
* Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
* Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
* Systems Engineer - Bachelors degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area 2+ years of experience, Masters Degree and 0+ years of experience
* Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship with an active or current Top Secret/SSBI and the ability to obtain SCI level access.
* Support mission simulation, scripting, and verification activities
* Experience with systems engineering principals to include integration and testing activities
* Participation in rotating 24x7 mission operations shift coverage
* Space Vehicle, Ground Station, or Sensor (i.e. student or industry project) hardware and/or software design, I&T, and/or on orbit operations
* Space Vehicle or Sensor modeling and simulation (i.e. Matlab, STK, Free-Flyer)
* Familiarity with embedded systems and/or programming languages (C/C++, Python, STOL, etc.)
* Familiarity with Mission Operations Center architectures and interfaces
* Ability to clearly communicate (both verbal and written) with peers, customer and senior leadership
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.