- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Provide analysis to systems design and development, from initial component architecture and design through operations
- Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies
- Research state-of-the-art component technologies and system concepts/capabilities
Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis. Ensures the logical ad systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. Qualifications Required Education, Experience, & Qualifications
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience. Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer hardware design and performance as well as network architecture and routing.
- Experience working on computer/network infrastructure design and optimization.
- Experience developing schematics, parts lists, wiring diagrams and assembly diagrams.
- Experience selecting hardware to meet government production requirements
- Experience coordinating with various engineers, analysts, and technicians to solve complex problems.
My SAIC Benefits.