Hazelwood, MO Description: Position: Systems Engineer Location: Hazelwood, MO Clearance: Secret Clearance Objective
• Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
• Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
• Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
• Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
• Develops, maintains, and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
• Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to become part of the Training Systems team in St. Louis, Missouri. Training Systems is responsible for the design, development, manufacture, and maintenance of training devices for a wide variety of commercial and military aircraft - everything from F-15 fighter jets to Apache attack helicopters, and even NASA's new Starliner spacecraft. Come be a part of a diverse multi-disciplined team of engineers, operating in an agile environment, using the latest tools and methodologies.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as this position will focus on working directly with the customer along with internal and external suppliers to implement modifications and upgrades to C-17 Training Systems and Devices. Position Responsibilities:
Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of a project. Identifies performance metrics.
Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program.
Working within an Agile environment to plan and execute work across multiple teams.
Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity.
Independently working in DOORS, including creating requirements and linking objects.
The ability to support system design development
The ability to work with both internal and external suppliers
The ability to lead proposal development efforts and prepare basis of estimates along with support documentation. Provide technical leadership to a team of proposal and supplier engineers.
Support internal, customer, and supplier program reviews.
Have Experience with Customer and Supplier negotiations.
Due to the technical complexity of these trainer systems experience with computing infrastructure, trainers and training systems is desired, but not required.
Knowledge of aircraft and aircraft systems and/or aircraft maintenance is a plus, but also not required. SKILLS/QULAIFICATIONS
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
5+ years of experience in requirements development and management.
3+ years of experience in a leadership role as a project manager or leading technical teams within engineering / software development
Experience using or applying metrics to measure performance against projects to ensure high quality delivery
Familiarity with Agile / SAFE development
This position requires the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience
Multiple years of experience managing requirements with DOORS is preferred Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
PhD+6 years', Master+8 years' related work experience). Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com