Systems Engineer Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is seeking an experienced IT network professional to join our team as a Systems Engineer. This position is responsible for the daily support and monitoring of IT infrastructure. The System Engineer designs and implements hardware and software systems used to support the bank s systems infrastructure, and coordinates routine and emergency maintenance activities between IT and management to ensure IT complies with the bank s internal service level agreements. This position assists the organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to maintaining system operability. This position can be based out of our Hampden or Ellsworth, ME locations or in Manchester, NH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, install, and configure IT hardware systems and software applications according to Bank policy and licensing agreements.
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity and operational efficiency.
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff, bank vendors, IT business partners.
- Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to IT hardware and operating systems; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new hardware and software.
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to system configuration, system processes, procedures, standards, and network topology maps.
- Documents system workflows, backup strategies, and disaster recovery plans.
- Takes part in on-call rotation during off-hours.
This position requires a candidate with the following knowledge, ability, and skills:
- Five years experience in information technology system design, system risk analysis, I.T project management, and business process analysis.
- A college degree in Engineering or Information Technology is preferred.
- Experience in Windows operating systems; Microsoft Active Directory; Microsoft Exchange; Virtualization; Storage Area Networks; SQL; Patching.
- Experience monitoring, maintenance, and support of IT systems.
- Familiarity banking industry concepts and related technologies as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
- Experience with various network technologies (LAN, WAN, VOIP, VPN, F/W, Internet, Intranet, Web/Email Gateways and Security, Anti-Virus, etc.).
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust offers a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and sick time, incentives, wellness program, and continuing education benefits. Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability and Protected Veteran.