- Do you love solving puzzles?
- Do you get excited by new technology?
- Do you love translating IT jargon for non-technical clients?
- Do you hate being chained to a desk?
BlackPoint IT Services is currently looking for an experienced Systems Engineer who is passionate about technology and customer service. This position is dynamic and growth-oriented, with a tremendous amount of autonomy. You will be traveling to client sites, interacting with individuals of varying titles, and working with different technologies almost every day. You will have the opportunity to learn CIO skillsets, as you will not only be focusing on the technical aspect of the position, but you will also be guiding our clients strategically. Additionally, you will be part of a hardworking team that encourages career growth, collaboration, and work-life balance.
- Establish and maintain a direct working relationship with a wide variety of clients
- Work closely with managed services department to effectively maintain client networks
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to business technology
- Participate in pre-sales activities and provide project management
- Provide analysis and written recommendations for client networks
- 5+ years experience as an engineer in a Microsoft environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2012 R2
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory; Group Policy, and network troubleshooting
- Design and deploy firewalls and wireless solutions
- Experience in administering Sharepoint and SQL server
- Prior pre-sales technical support experience; including completing project proposals
- In depth experience with deploying SharePoint online
- Hyper-V and VMWare virtualization in a highly available environment
- Experience with troubleshooting SQL server
- Current certification with Microsoft
- Knowledge of network security
What You Can Expect
- Access to the latest and greatest technology
- An innovative approach to business with the opportunity to put your new ideas into practice
- A fast growing company which prides itself on its deep industry experience and top notch employees
- Flexibility in the way you work, and the ability to do what you love for a company that genuinely cares about you
- Generous employee benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance