Supports the U.S. Air Force at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), MD. This position is contingent upon successful award of contract and duration is one-year base and two one-year option periods. Normal duty hours are Monday through Friday 0900 to 1500 daily. Primary responsibilities include the systems engineering analysis on assigned programs to support branch program managers and/or systems engineers.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
* Provide systems engineering analysis on assigned programs to support branch program managers and/or systems engineers.
* Develop a disciplined process for assessing program adequacy and shall lead reviews for branch leadership prior to milestone reviews.
* Assist the government engineer or program manager in executing program-level IPTs for systems engineering, risk management, test and evaluation, and configuration management through utilization of subject matter expertise to provide solutions and strategies to overcome programmatic issues and risks."
* Actively participate in and provide input to program functional IPTs, interim program reviews, milestone decisions, and other program-related meetings or updates by taking detailed notes and working with government counterparts to address and resolve issues raised by stakeholders.
* Assist the government engineer or program manager in executing technical reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews, or system audits through utilization of subject matter expertise to provide solutions and strategies to overcome programmatic issues and risks.
* Develop, review, and maintain systems engineering documentation (e.g., Systems Engineering Plans, Configuration Management Plans, etc.) in support of assigned programs.
* Provide systems engineering input to other program documentation (e.g., Life Cycle Cost Estimates, Life Cycle Management Plans, etc.) in support of assigned programs.
* Provide systems engineering risk analysis and independent reviews of engineering and program risk analysis for assigned programs.
* Translate assigned program requirements into language for product specifications and contract statements of work and shall help determine the appropriate contract data reporting required.
* Maintain systems engineering tools for requirements traceability.
* Brief branch and other senior leadership on programs.
* Respond to systems engineering inquiries and taskers assigned by the branch chief engineer.
* Manage and support software configuration control for both internal and fielding implementations.
* Provide recommendations and best practices to be incorporated into maintenance and sustainment plans.
* Perform requirements analysis, derive system performance specifications, define and scope technical work through the contract PWS, and manage technical design contractors to ensure the mission is executed in accordance with planned engineering cost, schedule, and performance parameters.
* Develop capabilities documents and SOWs to support development and fielding of hardware and software capabilities.
* Possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering Management, or a related discipline.
* Have eight (8) years of general experience and five (5) years of relevant experience.
* Tradeoff Requirement: Possess an Associate's degree or professional certificate in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering Management, or a related discipline, as well as ten (10) years of general experience and seven (7) years of relevant experience.
* Possess DAWIA Level II certification in SPRDE or working towards its completion. DAU courses will be at Government cost.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
* Clearance: Secret
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Department: Information Technology