Job ID: 2115443 Location:
COLUMBIA , MD , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of the partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have an on going need for individuals to support our customer's Enterprise Architecture development activities at their Columbia Maryland facility, Fort George G. Meade Maryland complex and other surrounding area facilities. The selected systems engineer will support the development, integration and analysis of the customer's Enterprise Architecture (EA), focusing on capability-based analysis at the system of system, end to end, and family of systems levels. The individual will:
- Develop and maintain DODAF, FEAF and IC EA compliant architecture artifacts, utilizing architecture modeling tools to ensure integrated architecture;
- Perform assessments of acquisition architectures for compliance and consistency with Agency-level EA in support of Enterprise Engineering Review Board and Enterprise Architecture Board governance processes;
- Collaborate with operational / technical SMEs and Standards personnel to identify architecture gaps, overlaps and inefficiencies, and develop recommendations for changes to improve enterprise architecture; and
- Collaborate with Enterprise Knowledge Repositories personnel to identify tools / technologies, data models, data analytics, and reporting / visualization approaches to assist Government leaders and technologists with architectural data-driven decision-making.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Most positions require a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: A High School Diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Some positions require a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: A High School Diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Individuals in this position must have at least five years of demonstrated experience in DoD Architectural Framework (DODAF) or Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF).
- Knowledge of modeling approaches such as Unified Modeling Language (UML), Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling
- Understanding of data architecture approaches such as DODAF, Zachman, UAF, TOGAF, JARM, etc., as well as industry standards and best practices (e.g., DMBOK).
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Familiarity with Intelligence Community and/or DoD acquisition lifecycles, software development methodologies, information security engineering concepts, cloud computing methodologies and/or SOA-enabling technologies.
- Familiarity with Cameo, System Architect, Magic Draw, Sparx, Rhapsody, or Power Designer Architecture Tool Suites.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.