Job ID: 2116392 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Casual (includes On Call and Temporary)Shift:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking a Software Chief Engineer
to fill a critical position on the ARGENTO program. The position will be located in Chantilly, VA
. All candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
This position will provide specialized engineering expertise and leadership supporting the acquisition of software services over multiple domains. SAIC's client is tasked with leading the integration of mission focused tools to foster increased efficiency, automation and information sharing. The qualified candidate will assist and advise Government managers responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Enterprise.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead technical and programmatic interchanges; identify and resolve issues
- Provide program management and improvement recommendations to the Government customer
- Lead strategic technical initiatives on behalf of the Program Manager from inception to closure
- Apply systems analysis and design methodology assessments to identify trade-offs against current and proposed/desired software system design
- Provide advice and support to manage programs throughout the life-cycle including: cost, schedule, and performance.
- Provide acquisition and programmatic expertise to support the planning of future systems and architectures
- Develop briefings and documentation material for Program / Project Manager's engagements, including developing technical roadmaps and the acquisition strategies/documentation to implement them.
- Lead agile process evolution across Government teams, development contractors, user engagement teams, and stakeholders
You will work side-by-side with the other staff comprised of world class System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Experts to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications. Qualifications
- Active Top Secret Clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelor degree in business, engineering, science, or related discipline and a minimum of 20 years total experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering as applied to satellite/ground architectures, spacecraft and payloads
- Significant mission expertise in ground software development supporting SIGINT and/or GEOINT domains
- 2+ years of experience supporting system architecture, design or development in an AWS/C2S or other Cloud environment
- Strong engineering background with domain knowledge in Agile software development practices and Cloud computing architectures
- Demonstrated understanding of Systems Engineering and Acquisition processes.
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong oral and written communications to support interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors at all levels on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between all organizations within a high-tempo environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Advanced STEM degree
- Expertise and experience with the IC acquisition cycle, requirements processes, budgetary practices, and acquisition documentation
- Experience in developing architectures and engineering approaches for space/ground closure
- Experience developing technical integration and test strategies for large ground segment transitions
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.