Systems Engineer - Automation in Private and Public Clouds
The Systems Engineer will ensure site reliability for the world’s leading commercial real estate information products by designing and implementing resilient systems solutions in private IaaS environment and public cloud environments through the use of scripting, orchestration, and process automation.
- Automate systems operations tasks through the use of scripting
- Develop and refine a mature private IaaS environment automated through code, APIs, and deep logic.
- Build repeatable infrastructure as code in public and private clouds
- Design and operate a solution that enables 400 developers to innovate on public clouds while fostering application resiliency, security, and sustainability across the cloud.
- Works with a dynamic group of 50 local and International talented Systems, DevOps, Security, DBA, and Network Engineers to deliver rapid solutions supporting a world-wide IT infrastructure
- The team is responsible for managing 5500+ servers (internal and customer facing), 10PB of storage in a private IaaS, multiple public clouds primarily running PaaS, as well as SaaS resources.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a Related Field.
- Demonstrated expertise in scripting is required in either Powershell, Python, Go, Ruby, or Java Script.
- 1 year experience supporting a major service in a public cloud (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Experience supporting Linux or Windows containers using Docker, Kubernetes, or Rancher a plus
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Center environment (Cisco, EMC, HP, F5, VMware, etc).
- Experience automating IT administration and server provisioning through tools such as Microsoft Systems Center, BigFix, PowerShell, PowerCLI, Python, Chef, or Puppet
- Demonstrated experience integrating infrastructure tool APIs.
- Experience in large-scale IaaS virtualization environments using technologies such as VMware VCAC, Microsoft Azure Stack with Hyper-V, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Experience designing centralized log and event aggregation through Splunk, ELK, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch or similar considered a plus.
- Working knowledge of network fundamentals
- Strong event correlation and root cause analysis skills. You must be able to look at numerous events and data points and formulate an accurate root cause analysis
- Thorough understanding of troubleshooting methodologies
- Optional, but relevant certs might include AWS-CSA, VMware VCAP, EMC EMCISA, MCSE, MCITP, Cisco DCUCS, CCNP, CCNA, or VCP-NV
Normal working hours are standard Monday through Friday business hours. However, this position also requires participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation and off hour's maintenance windows
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing