Location: Herndon, Virginia
6 Month Contract
* Storage Engineer will have responsibility for the support of distributed SAN and Backup environment across multiple states, using Veritas and EMC technologies along with other storage related technologies.
* This Sr. Storage Engineer must possess an understanding of a complex combination of various storage technologies and operating systems and must be able to design, implement and maintain Storage solutions.
* The Senior Storage Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting the SAN and Backup infrastructure.
* Maintaining storage hardware and software, including storage subsystems, switches, cabling, etc.
* Provisioning storage for use by UNIX/Windows servers
* Ensuring data stored on enterprise storage subsystems is adequately protected from media, hardware or facility failure
* Ensuring optimal performance of storage subsystems
* Providing Tier III support during off hours and weekends
* Developing and maintaining documentation related to SAN configuration and storage provisioning
* Developing reports to indicate storage performance, capacity, usage, cost, etc.
* Managing the backup and recovery of data on storage subsystems
* Assisting in the evaluation, design and implementation of current and future enterprise storage hardware and software
* Performing testing in preparation of storage related hardware or software upgrades
* Meeting with end clients to design their storage solution
* Other Duties as required
* B.S. in computer science or equivalent
* Experience administering enterprise & mid-tier storage subsystems (EMC DMX & ClariiON) and understanding of concepts such as split-mirror, snapshot backups and remote storage replication
* Solid understanding of storage networking fundamentals, concepts, and components, including storage subsystems, SCSI, Fibre Channel, switches, iSCSI, HBAs, virtualization, zoning, LUN masking, LVM , etc.
* Experience administering enterprise backup and recovery software (Veritas Netbackup 5.1)
* Must possess a strong understanding of how the SAN is affecting enterprise Backup solutions
* Scripting experience preferred
* Proficient understanding of Oracle as it relates to Storage, Backup and restore technology
* Proficient understanding of UNIX as it relates to Storage and Backup technology
* Must be independent, organized, self-motivated and responsible
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills