Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that's built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon's award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world's top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon may be the most important Internet Company you've never heard of. Join our team for your chance to work in the digital marketing space and solve meaningful problems on a massive scale-and have fun doing it.
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic Software Build Engineer to join our team in Chicagoland area. As a Software Build Engineer (SYSENG) at Epsilon you will write code and support in managing the build system tools and environments that compiles, assembles and packages our software that once deployed in production environment processes billions of ads transactions a day.
Our build software engineers enjoy writing code and working with large number of infrastructure server base with cutting edge technologies.Responsibilities
- Write and maintain automated software build and deploy process tools code (infrastructure code). As a member of the software build team you will support and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) systems.
- Be a part of a team working on developing and supporting enterprise software build process and software configuration management tools systems.
- Perform upgrade and administer OS, software development tool and web app server on various build system infrastructure servers.
- Collaborate with peers and external engineering teams in gathering software build and release deployment cycle requirements.
- Provide services and support to developers in infrastructure, maintaining CI/CD systems etc.
- Adhere to best software development standards and practices. And help to drive improvements to our build system scripts, tools and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-4 years of Engineering experience in related role
- Strong understanding of programming concepts in Java, Python, Bash.
- Good knowledge of software development lifecycle and agile best practices.
- Proficient in the use of source control management Git and defect tracking systems.
- Familiar with continuous integration/continuous deployment/containerization concepts and tools and technologies such as Jenkins, Maven, Unix/Linux, sql DB, artifact storage repo, static code analysis, docker
- Familiar with simple concepts of Linux server networks with cluster running a mix of web app servers and docker containers.
- Develop and maintain automated software build process via configuration management orchestration tool puppet.
- Possess a general problem analyzing and solving capability and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and exhibit self-motivation.
- Experience with high level programming language such as Java, C++, Scala, Python, Perl
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment concepts and tools and technologies such as Bamboo, Make, Maven, Gradle, SBT, Node, NPM, RHEL/CentOS, postgres db, Nexus, Artifactory, Sonar, Git, SVN, Perforce, JIRA, Confluence, Stash/Bitbucket, RPM
- Experience with configuration management orchestration tools (chef, ansible, salt, packer, terraform).
- Experience with containerization technology such as docker, docker-compose, docker swarm, Kubernetes
Additional InformationGreat People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.